Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It's Personal Time

The games forwarded messages play!!
It was just a casual request by my friend that made me ponder about how much we tend to send across forwarded mails or messages. I mean, a message comes in and we go for our choice of recipients and the message/mail is forwarded. Being an IT professional, have to encounter this menace a lot. Agreed, I really to see many beautiful things, may learn a few facts...... may be sit up and notice something that needs to be looked into...... But still, the moot point here is not the forwards rather the lack of personal mails. The way we interact... I mean, everyone is just about a few packets of data away!! Literally.......Type in an e-mail address, and your mail is gone...... Punch in the number and you get to send the message. But about a simple message which asks:

"Hey friend,
How are you?? Last Time I heard you were working with X. Still there?? And what happened to that beautiful gal who had a crush on?? Man, she was awesome. Don't tell me you stayed quite, you bozo. Or, is it someone else now?? Well...... fill me in, got that??
By the way, forgot to tell you. I've started dating this girl I met sometime back. Great girl yaar!! Come to town, and I'll introduce you to her. She's already met the guys here.... And they are floored. A real lady!!......................................................................
Now, keep in touch OK??
Rock on buddy
Sam"

How much would it take write those few words?? How many times do we actually smile to see a personal mail?? I do............ And that's why when my friend complained of the forward, I immediately complied with a personal mail!! She loved it................ And started giggling. She was happy to see that!! Now, isn't that smile of your friend precious?? Think about it....
May be you want to hit the keyboard next to type out a letter for someone you have sent too many forwards..... It's time for a touch of you...... It's time for something personal.
Adios

Confused Sam

4 comments:

gini said...

actually u knw wat..u r absolutely rite its been ages since i wrote any personal mail to anyone..man u inspired me!!thanx!!

Sam said...

ummm.........
thanx isha...... looks like someone is learning!! :P

Anonymous said...

hello bhai!
its been ages i saw a personal mail from u...wat do u say to that????

Anonymous said...

@rima:
lolzz...........
guess...... someone has a point!! :)
btw, I do rememberwe've had conversation courtesy outlook!! :P