Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fear of the Dark

When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it's dark.

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have constant fear that something's always near
Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have a phobia that someone's always there

This morning while tuned into the classic Iron Maiden number "Fear of the Dark", I was suddenly reminded of my conversation with a friend the previous night. She too has a fear of the dark. And our conversation was about something strange, something supernatural and deadly!!She just happened to tell me about this strange incident she had seen being reported on a TV news channel a few weeks back, where a strange happens to call you up, you receive the call........ and then you die!! Or the best scenario..... you fall seriously sick!! Isn't that strange?? Incidentally, her elder sister happened to receive a call from an unknown number, pretty late into the night!! Dunno, about the elder one, but my friend was spooked. And she was telling me all this. I asked for the number. She gave me the first 3 digits. I decided to look up my old PD (a 1992 one!!) and found none!! She was like:
"Drop it, why are we talking about this? Let's talk about something else."
"Nah!! C'mon, this is interesting. Have you ever tried planchet??"
"I'm really getting scared now..... please stop"
THUDDDD............ something fell..... my PD from its nest!!
"Shit, how did that thing fall?? See, simply by trying to look up that number code on my PD caused iot to fall from its place"
"Stop it. Please lets talk about something else"

Silence..................................

******** whistle*************

"Damn it Sam, you scared me!!"

Again silence...................

And this scene got repeated a couple of times. By this time the poor girl was scared so much, I really had to stop it. Oh boy!! but it was fun scaring her. I won't miss those gasps, when she heard me whistle!! hehe..................

This takes me back to another incident. It was at the end of December, 2005. A bunch of 20 youngsters were taken for an outbound training at a place caled Khopoli, near Mumbai, India. The spot for our outbound training was a cluster of farm houses.Anywyz, cutting to the chase, the incident happened one night when 4 boys - N, K, D and B decided to scare the girls staying in the farmhouse nearest to ours. 3 in the night, these 4 guys they step out into teh night and stealthily crossed teh lawn to the girls' house. And then the show began...........................
A glass window got pelted with pebbles, knocks on teh glass door... suddenly the dogs start howling........ and then the lights flicker............ till they go off!! And then someone switches on the emergency light.
A peek in the room, shows 4 girls huddled at the center of the room...... scared out of their wits.... while one happily slept away to glory!! God!! what a sleepy head!! Finally a girl managed enough courage to reach for her phone and called one of teh culprits to turn up their and "guard" them from the unknown!!
Next day mroning, over tea we discussed about this................... and then the punchline............... teh sleepy head walks out and simply exclaims : "What were you gals scared off?? It was always these guys......... No ghosts, nothing!! Sheesh!!"
And the cat was out of the bag!!
No prizes for guessing what happened next!!

Cheerio!!

Note: I have omitted the names for obvious reasons. So please bear with me.......

5 comments:

kuntal saha said...

ooohhhhh..... my god.... I am so scared... sam don't repeat this in front of me.... please... else i will kill you...


You must be expecting this in the comments from a girl...??? :-P

gini said...

how mean sam...yes am shit scared of darkness..infact evryone is..its just the circumtances which varies so is the intensity..aapka bhi din aayega..keep lil patience lol!!

Sam said...

ah!!
well............. i will wait for that sweetie!! :D

Unknown said...

gogo..tu nahi sudhrega na:P

kuntal saha said...

*** coughing ***

No comments please...