Monday, April 30, 2007

Dancing Shoes!!

Sunday 29th April, 2007 - 0130 hrs

Now what's so special about this date and time, is that what you ask? Well, to any other person it is just another midnight hour.... but for my, it was a different night!! Now this may seem stupid, but I always held this belief that I cannot dance...... and thus would never be found dancing even if all my friends would hit the floor. Used to avoid the discs too.

On this particular night, a friend calls me up and asks me to join him another friend of our as they were about to hit AREA 51 at Pancards Club, supposed to Asia's largest disc..... Bolt from the blue!! Me and a disc??? And then I was like, "what the heck, let's give it a try!!" And so I left for the disc along with my two friends.

It was 1:30 in the night, when I stepped into that disc. The feel and the music got to me!! Not bad!! I liked it........ But still not ready to hit the dance floor...... My friends being the footloose fellas that they were hit the floor immediately........ But soon enough managed to pull me onto the floor and then it was a world which only spun around as I got into the groove........... Later on I was like "God!! Must have been making a fool of myself out there!! Sheesh!! What was I thinking??" As if on cue..... (I was surprised for a moment, after all I was just thinking!!) my friend turns around and asks "Why the hell don't you dance?? You are damn good!!" Surprise.......... surprise............ No one was more surprised than me.... for this was coming from an amazing dancer!! IS he pulling my leg?? Later, it got confirmed that he wasn't pulling my leg.......... he was being honest!!

Well........... we called it a night at 0330 hrs, but by then my shyness and the mental shackles involved regarding dance was broken.............. Guess, I have to buy a pair of dancing shoes now!!

What do you say guys??

11 comments:

Sahil said...

Ahh..now that just reminds me of my case..almost the same..i thought i could never dance. that was until i took the plunge at one party...and a few parties later i knew i was a natural... such happy discoveries :-)
anyway nice blog yaar...and i love the way you mention other's blogs - Gini's musings, Shruti's flight, Sahil's freedom..aahaa..i am glad that you mentioned that here...

cheers man!

SBT said...

Dancing is freedom! Even if people don't "approve" of your dancing style, you should continue to do it, if it makes you feel good! But I'm glad you had a good time!

Aashi said...

i say i empathise with tht thot totally..[:)]...oops..sry this aint orky..:P newyz...

wat u wrote here is soo true....

gr8 gng namesake.......ur quite a writer of sorts..i mean u just knw how 2 weave simple words and hit across to the reader ryt in the centre....gr8...

sry i hv been a lazy bum!!...

many apologies......and regrets 4 missing out on such writing treats.. :)

Unknown said...

ah i wish i were dere;)

neers said...

Hey i can completely relate to u! Believe me,im the same...i cannot for the life of me,dance! But glad to know u've gotten over the so-called "starting trouble" :)

Neeraja

kuntal saha said...

It's nice to know that you got into the dancing shoes... :-D

Sam said...

woo hoo.........
loadsa comments.... ok...

@sahil: Its teh hapy discoveries which add that extra spring in our steps in the morning. don't they??
as for mentioning other blogs... well its just an attempt to capture the essence of the other person in a single word.... :)
the clue always lies in the blog title though!! :P

@SBT: firstly, thnx for coming around!! and yeah it is really important to go out ther and enjoy...

@aashi: well as a punishment, u had better get upto speed with all my works then.... and stop being so lazy!! :D

@cattie: u wish u wer der??? :o
err....... why wud it b so?? :P

@neeraja: well, glad to find someone like me..... so wot abt ur starting troubles?? waise u seem to be a puneri mulgi to me!!

@kuntal: yes bro.... finally ho gaya.... hehe.... ab shaayad main tum logo ko join kar paaunga!!

The 'Mad' Orchid said...

Hmmmmm grt goin buddy...finally d dancng shoes did captivate u..lolol :p..glad u realised itz value n worth...N as for me netym u put on peppy o i wud like dance bt that 2 in my room sabke saamne...hummmmmm i rather b shhhhshh..bt letsc nw if dis fear goes after ur motivatng post..:p

Mads..

Sam said...

lol....
start r8 away... i never danced in my room.... so u can say the first time was dis one.... and am looking forward to more such oppurtunities..... :P

gini said...

seeing is blving..so i need to see u dancing ...hehhehehhe..when is the show then???

Sam said...

@gini: wenevr u want!! as long as u r dancing with me :D