Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tequila Sunrise

This isn't being written at sunrise, but the seeds were sown at one. Running around with a zillion things to do and stuff to get in place before one embarks on a journey across continents, I felt drained. And yet, I had managed to stay up all night keeping myself busy with some work regarding the uni. As dawn broke, I went up to the roof and stared out into the eastern sky to see the sunrise, slowly spreading its orange light over the grey . As orange took over the sky from grey, only to be taken over by others, I was reminded of the song Tequila Sunrise by Eagles. Simple lyrics and talks of just another chappie falling for some lady. Made me wonder about the laddies I have seen fall over ladies much beyond them. Aware of the limitations these fellas were content to stare at the ladies rather than ever approach them. And, slowly things move on till the ladies become just another ship that went by.

Here's the lyrics:

it's another tequila sunrise
starin' slowly 'cross the sky, said goobye
he was just a hired hand
workin' on the dreams he planned to try
the days go by

ev'ry night when the sun goes down
just another lonely boy in town
and she's out runnin' 'round

she wasn't just another woman
and i couldn't keep from comin' on
it's been so long
oh, and it's a hollow feelin' when
it comes down to dealin' friends
it never ends

take another shot of courage
wonder why the right words never come
you just get numb
it's another tequila sunrise,this old world
still looks the same,
another frame, mm...




8 comments:

IncorrigibleV said...

:)
time to fly comin closer...
don't forget to keep in touch sam!
lovely song :)

Vinz said...

that one is one of my fav by eagles..

the lyrics are amazing...!!

WritingsForLife said...

ahh... beautiful :-)

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Its one of my favs from Eagles, apart from New Kid in Town, Desperado & of course Hotel California!!!

loony girl said...

gooo eagles!

Pri said...

hmm worrying about tequila or worrying about the sunrise?? ;)

Keshi said...

TC all the best!

And I love this song!

Keshi.

My Unfinished Life said...

heya dude!!
reading you post i was reminded of my college days while doing masters....used to wake up all night doing so much work...with only music at my side......and watched the whole night pass away to dawn while i was at work....